HBP CodeJam Workshop #8
13th-15th September 2017, Lausanne, Switzerland
Lausanne seen from Lake Léman. Copyright Freeze750, CC-BY-SA licence.
The goal of the CodeJam workshops is to catalyze open-source, collaborative software development in computational and systems neuroscience and neuroinformatics, by bringing together researchers, students and engineers to share ideas, present their work, and write code together.
The general format of the workshops is to dedicate the mornings to invited and contributed talks, leaving the afternoons free for discussions, tutorials and code sprints.
- Robert Mc Dougal (NEURON and ModelDB; Yale University)
- Terry Stewart (NENGO; University of Waterloo)
- Martin Pearson (Shrewbot; Bristol Robotics Laboratory)
- Jean-Denis Courcol and Werner Van Geit (Blue Brain Project; EPFL)
- Axel von Arnim (HBP Neurorobotics Platform; Technische Universität München)
- Jeffrey Muller (HBP Neuroinformatics Platform; EPFL)
- Matt Earnshaw (Open Source Brain; UCL)
- HBP Neurorobotics Platform
- HBP Brain Simulation Platform
- BrainScaleS system
- The Virtual Brain
- Data analysis with Elephant
A preliminary programme will be released at the end of July
The 8th CodeJam is sponsored by the Human Brain Project. Participation is free, but registration is required. Please note that this year the CodeJam will be preceded by the HBP Young Researcher Event (there is an overlap of one day) in nearby Geneva; you may wish to register for both.
The meeting will be held at the EPFL, located in Lausanne, Switzerland.
Please register by 16th August 2017. Registration is limited to 60 participants.
Participants are responsible for arranging their own accommodation.
The meeting organizers gratefully acknowledge the support of the European Union through the Human Brain Project. We also wish to express our great appreciation to EPFL for hosting the meeting, to the HBP Education Programme, and to Björn Kindler at Heidelberg University for their considerable assistance with organisation and administration of the workshop.